Monday, August 13, 2012

Powder Fresh Nursery

Just need to type this out before I forget about it. It's one to remember. We just ate dinner. Chris moved into the living room and was feeding Kellyn. She was quiet and content. I was starting to do the dishes. I thought at first Claire was in the living room as well but then I remembered she had walked down the hallway toward the rooms. I could've sworn I heard her call for me but it's a little hard to hear back in the rooms since the a/c is running and 2 fans on high are running to keep the house cool! I highly doubt she had called for me because when I looked in her room she wasn't in there. She wasn't in the bathroom going potty and I didn't see her jumping on our bed. The only room left is Kellyn's nursery and that means she would be telling on herself so that is why I doubt she called me....I think my Mommy sense kicked in and I knew I needed to check on her. I walk in and there is her little desk seat up against the crib. We have a drop side crib (I know it's terrible, we are horrible people for still having a drop side crib...) and inside Kellyn's crib is her sweet big sister making sure she has a powder fresh crib. She has also made sure that she herself is powder fresh along with the baby monitor that sits in the crib and the surrounding area of the crib. She looks at me and rubs her eye which leaves a powder ring around it. It's too cute to be mad. I want so badly to tell her to wait so I can take a picture but then I'm just sending the wrong message that doing naughty things will just mean pictures are taken and no consequences. I got her out, got her once pink dress off and gave her the talk about how throwing powder all over her sisters room is a no no. I was always told by others who have older kids to just wait until they get a hold of the powder at this age but Claire never showed interest in it. She is also potty trained and I don't put powder on her anymore so I thought I escaped from this happening. I was wrong!

No comments: