Friday, October 14, 2011

A little update...and yes, our babies were planned!

Not much has been happening lately in our house other then the cold bug has been getting around and we are all 3 sick. Claire became sick on Monday, I caught it on Tuesday and Chris caught it a little later this week. Being under the age of 2 they apparently don't make cold medicine for infants other then the normal ibuprofen/tylenol for fevers. Being pregnant, I can't take anything other then tylenol. Haha, Claire and I are screwed and stuffed up.

I am 10 weeks 2 days preggo with baby #2. This cold and the nausea are kicking my ass at the same time. I was so looking forward to my wonderful 6 nights off and I have done nothing but lay around the house, blow my nose, and take naps with Claire all while mouth breathing. We did actually accomplish a big grocery shopping trip last night because if we didn't we would all be sick in bed and have zero food to get us better. I have another doctor's appointment next week!! I'll be just about 11 weeks!! Hoping for another ultrasound to see baby bean wiggling around!! I'll keep ya posted!

I was on my May 2012 forum just a little bit ago and someone posted this great link. I wanted to share it with you all. http://www.squidoo.com/top-10-things-not-to-say-to-a-pregnant-women- Can I just say that I am so surprised how many people have asked me if this baby was planned. Yes people, believe it or not we do want our babies this close in age. 2 year 2 month age gap is not that close of a gap. Some mommies have way younger babies then we do who are pregnant again and guess what!?.....they planned it too! Wow. And yes, Claire was planned as well. I don't know how people feel this is an appropriate question to ever ask someone, especially when you don't even know the person that well but once they have asked if this one was planned, they come back with another inappropriate question asking if Claire was too. "Um, no our first child was a huge whoops but this one is planned." I have also had complete strangers at the indoor play places tell me that their kids were not planned. Ok, I don't really care. Why would you openly tell me that private information? I doubt I'm the only one who believes this is a weird/inappropriate question. Slap me if I ever ask this question to you.....I highly doubt I ever will only because I don't really care whether you planned it or not and it's entirely too personal of a question.

We are hoping to feel better by morning so we can make it to the pumpkin patch with our sweet girl!! We took her last year and it was so much fun. I can't wait to go on the hay ride and all that fun stuff. I guess we'll see what morning brings us!! Hopefully we will all be magically cured and I can fully enjoy the rest of my nights off and also get Claire's Halloween costume finished up. My little lamb will be skinless if I don't hurry up and sew the pieces together.

I love my family so much and I couldn't be happier.....with the exception of not having a cold anymore! I hope everyone has a great weekend!



No comments: