Monday, November 21, 2011

My notice is in...

So I officially put in my two week notice last night while I was at work. My last scheduled work day will be December 5th. Oh my goodness, it's exciting but it's kind of freaking me out at the same time. I have actually really liked my job working in the hospital. It was nice because I wasn't scheduled to work every weekend and I only worked three 12 hour shifts a week. That was tiring for me sometimes though, especially all in a row but so much nicer then my previous job in so many ways!

I think the reason it's freaking me out is because the last time I wasn't working was when I was let go from my job due to my pregnancy. I was 7 months pregnant with Claire. Luckily I was able to collect unemployment before I found my job at the hospital. That won't be happening this time around. I'm 16 weeks pregnant with an almost 20 month old toddler and I will be staying home with them. I'm happy it is working out this way, it will be a great adjustment. I just hope Claire doesn't get tired of being around me. haha

This big move for our little family is getting closer and closer. I don't think it's fully hit us yet that we are actually moving to a different state!! I'm very excited for Portland and so thankful it is only one state away. I'm also happy to live closer to my brother. It's been a very, very long time since we've lived in the same state. It's nice to have family there! I'm hoping both of our families will be able to make trips to come visit from time to time. It will be so much fun to be able to drive to the coast in just less then two hours! I'm also very excited to be able to move into a house when we move there. It would have happened here eventually as well but now it's happening a bit sooner.

I'm really looking forward into finding local activities for Claire and I to get involved in. Mommy groups and story times at the local library. I will have more free time to take her to more of those things. I'm definitely nervous about having our newest baby bean in a whole other state without my Mom being a phone call away to come over to help me. My Mom came over a few times with Claire bear when I couldn't comfort her to get her to stop crying. I would call my Mom and seriously when I hung up the phone Claire would quiet down. haha

I hope that Chris will really enjoy his new position there. As we speak he is way up in the air flying to Portland for a few days. He is going to meet his new co-workers and see what it's going to be like there for him. He has been in his same position for quite some time and I'm so happy for him to be able to break through and to get a promotion he very much deserves. I'm sure it's not an easy decision to make to move to another state when you have a wife, toddler, and baby on the way to think about. I know it would be so hard to know you would be making a life changing move for more then just yourself but I fully support him. I would want the full support if it were the other way around. I'm just so proud of him and so thankful to have him in my life. He is such an amazing husband. He loves me, helps me, and takes care of me. He is an awesome Daddy to Claire. She seriously loves him so much and is always asking for Daddy! It's so cute to see her give him hugs and kisses before bed and to watch her snuggle his shoulder. I think he's her new favorite because at bed time she will snuggle him and then look at me and say, "No!", smile at me and then snuggle his shoulder some more. Haha She's such a ham.

I have one last baby appointment here on the 13th of December. We are hoping to find out the sex of baby bean. I still have a strong feeling it's a baby boy but of course we will be happy with another girl just as much! The packing process is going to be starting and the cleaning process will start along with it. I'm hoping to get as much back from our deposit as possible, it will be nice for our move to have a little extra money on the side.

Well this was quite an update. Apparently I had a lot more to say then I thought I did. Sorry for lack of pictures and thank you for making it to the end if you read this far!!

No comments: