Well it's mid-November already!! This year is flying!! I'm so very excited for Christmas this year. It will be Claire's second Christmas and I bet she will be excited to rip open the wrapping paper off of her presents from Santa!! I haven't ever really felt the urge to decorate for Christmas until at least the day after Thanksgiving but having a little one makes it so much more exciting. I'm ready to put up the tree today!! Only problem with that is we need a new one! A whole bunch of lights on ours are not working anymore and the tree is pretty old. Luckily some stores are having some great deals on trees so we will hopefully be replacing our tree this week....and then it's going up. Shh don't tell Chris. He doesn't know this yet! I am also hoping to get a little Christmas shopping in for our sweet girl too!
On to other great news....Claire bear is binky free!! Tonight is my last night off on a 6 night stretch! It was time to get rid of the binky and it was perfect timing to have many nights to work on it with her. The first night was the worst. She cried off and on for an hour. I would go in her room, lay her back down, rub her forehead and help sooth her a little and then leave. She would keep crying. I had to do that several times and she finally fell asleep. Once she was out she slept great through the night like normal. Her first nap the next day was just as bad. I took her to Toddler Story Time at the Library that morning. I was hoping to keep her busy so she would be really tired for her nap and fall asleep easier. She started to fall asleep on the way home but my plan didn't work. She cried off and on for about 45 minutes until she passed out for a good, long nap. The second night was a pleasant surprise. I put her down, she drank her milk and went right to sleep without a peep. Since Chris had to work late the first night she went without I told him to be ready for at least an hour of crying.....well lucky him, he didn't hear anything. I had to go check on her because I thought maybe something was wrong with her since she wasn't crying. haha. Since that second night things have been great!! No crying and she is still sleeping well through the night. I'm so proud of our big girl!!
Baby bean #2 is growing fast. I can't believe I'm 15 weeks along today already! I'm feeling great and have more energy. I do still feel tired sometimes in the middle of the day but I try to nap while Claire does. My great friend, Lindsey, is letting me borrow her fetal heart monitor for a little bit. I never did this when I was pregnant with Claire. I didn't see the point in buying one because I didn't want to scare myself if I couldn't find the heartbeat. It's so fun being able to listen to the baby in between appointments. I usually listen in the morning and we listen together at night before bed! I have my next appointment tomorrow morning and I always look forward to them. I really do like my doctor and the nurses that work there!! I'm thinking we should find out the gender the week of my birthday!! I don't know if we should just find out at the appointment or have the doctor write it down put it in an envelope and we should open it on Christmas. I don't think I can wait 2 extra weeks!! I still haven't had any dreams about it being a boy or girl so I have no clue what baby is gonna be! Can't wait to find out.
Work is going great for Chris!! We are hoping for some great, big opportunities to happen but I can't say much more then that yet until we know more! Work is going great for me as well. I've been working at the hospital for almost a year and still really enjoy it!!
Hope everyone enjoys their Monday!! 10 days until Thanksgiving, 1 month until my 25th birthday, and a little bit after that is Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment