Tuesday, April 3, 2012

30 days left!

Only 30 days left until May 4th. This is the day of my scheduled C-section for Kellyn's arrival!! I can't believe it. Her due date is the 7th so I'm happy it's fairly close to her due date. They wanted to schedule me for May 2nd but I asked for Friday so Chris would get more time off of work instead of having to go back in the middle of the following week. Obviously if she decides to come earlier then that then that's ok and that's what was meant to be but if not we at least know it will be the 4th.

I am 35w1d today and feeling good. The days are pretty good, I do feel tired and try to nap while Claire does. For now I'm blogging but may fall asleep while I'm typing this and come back to it later to finish up my post. The nights aren't terrible but they're not the most ideal. My hips hurt from lying on one side for too long, my arms will fall asleep, and every time I need to turn over I have to wake up. It's all just preparation for when she is here!! I'm trying to not complain too much though. I really am still enjoying my pregnancy even though I am so anxious to meet her and see her beautiful face. I bet she will look just like Claire. The Wold genes are strong and they all look so similar and I'm happy about that!

It's becoming more real that this really could be my last pregnancy. Most days I am good with that. I think two is a great number, but just the fact of not feeling another baby move in my belly kind of makes me sad. I understand we can totally change our minds in a few years if that's what we decide but for right now one/almost two is great for us!

I realized that I do actually need to pack a hospital bag. The time is close and I should probably be a bit more ready. I pulled out the small suitcase we have and put some fuzzy socks in it. That's all that's in there so far. haha I think I'll get some of those little travel sized shampoos and things like that sometime within the next couple weeks so I don't have to pack huge bottles of stuff. I know I don't need books or crossword puzzles because who has time for that with a newborn and I didn't ever touch the things when I was in the hospital with Claire. I'm excited to get the bag ready though....I just need the energy.

Kellyn's room is pretty much ready for her. The only thing left I would like to get for it is a small lamp for the dresser and a night light. I love sitting in there to look around...I did this often in Claire's nursery too when I was pregnant with her!!

Yep, I surely fell asleep while typing this and took a really great nap while Claire napped!! The sun came out which was nice so she got to play in her sandbox for a little while. We did some fun Easter projects and hung up some paper eggs in the windows! We had a delicious dinner when Chris got home and now we are just trying to enjoy our evening. I am so looking forward to warm nights so we can enjoy our backyard with Claire and after Claire goes to bed. I really want to buy this patio chair from Big Lots. It's a wicker rocking chair with a cushion and it would be perfect for me to be able to rock Kellyn while we are outside!!

Well still no luck searching around for the usb cord to upload photos. I may just need to buy a new one tomorrow. I'm off to put my feet up and relax for the night!!

No comments: