Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Monday!

Taking a break while Claire naps!! I have had a great day so far. I have vacuumed the whole house, started and unloaded 2 loads of dishes, swept the kitchen, folded 2 loads of laundry and put it away with more washing and drying. We made a trip to the grocery store to get benadryl, fruit, cereal, and granola bars. Called the doctor's office for questions about Claire's skin which now means we have a doctor's appointment for her this afternoon to get her checked out. This is all while taking time outs to rest and entertain my busy girl and to make us breakfast, lunch and a snack in between! The windows have been open, the sun was shining earlier and it's just been a wonderful day! I just wish Chris was at home to spend the day with us.

Our weekend was great. Chris didn't have to work and I was so grateful for that. He had worked the past three Saturdays. I'm sure it's just exhausting for him to work 6 days a week! I really miss him and one day off isn't enough time for him to rest and relax and it's not enough time for me to see him! Saturday afternoon we had some of his coworkers and a couple friends over for tacos and burritos. It was so nice meeting some new people! It was a lot of fun, I wish I could have joined in on having a couple beers with everyone but I will be able to soon enough! We all ate, talked, and stayed up way later then we usually do. It was fun! Sunday was Easter. Claire woke up to her basket in the hallway and was pretty excited for it. We don't go to church or anything but I still dressed her up in one of the really cute dresses her Great Granny sent her for her birthday. It was so nice outside so we took Claire to the park area down the road for some pictures. As always Chris does an amazing job taking photos and I can't wait to get some printed to hang up!

Back to Saturday, we met Chris' coworker's fiance. He works at a car dealership not too far from us and we really wanted to start looking around for a family SUV. Well I am super excited to say that we got a new car and were his first sale since he started his new job at the dealership. They have just recently moved here to Oregon!! We bought a 2007 Nissan Xterra and it's red!! I love it. I still can't believe I drive an SUV. I knew we would get there eventually but not on Easter Sunday. We got a great deal on it and it was too good to pass up. They also gave us a great deal on trading in my car which was even nicer! I love seeing Claire in the back seat with lots of room and Kellyn's infant car seat is already set up. I just need to get them both double checked that I installed them correctly! Claire's is pretty snug in there but the infant one seems to move way too easily and that's not ok with me!

Well, I think my break time is up. I need to shower off from cleaning the house and get ready for Claire's check up appointment. Not sure if she has an allergic reaction from sunblock, ringworm or some kind of eczema....I dunno! My baby has super sensitive skin it seems and I guess we'll find out what's up with it in a couple hours!!

No comments: