Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Little Villagers

This morning the girls and I went to Village Home to try out a class. The class is called Little Villagers and it's for kids ages 2-5 years old. Village Home is a place I learned about through the film Class Dismissed I went to see a couple weekends ago. It's a resource center geared toward homeschooling families. I had been looking around for homeschool co-ops to possibly get involved with but the only one I had heard about was through a church and it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I had no idea that Class Dismissed had filmed a large portion of it's movie in our area. Learning about Village Home was so great and I'm so happy it's nearby. It's literally right up the street from the library I take the girls to weekly sometimes even multiple times per week.

We were welcomed and joined right in the class. I thought the class was an hour long but it's a little longer then two hours. The girls had free play that led into circle time. We learned some fun songs and the girls even participated. I can't tell you how big of a deal that is. With new things they usually cling to me and become very shy. Those of you that really know the girls may find that hard to believe considering they are usually very outgoing. After circle time it was snack time. We joined in on a project right after. They had no problem including the girls in as if we've been there all along. The girls got to make fairy gardens and they had so much fun. They filled their pans with soil from Teacher Terry's car and went back to the classroom to decorate with gems and seeds. We get to water the seeds now and they will sprout the fairy garden for fairies to come visit.

After project time we cleaned up and took a walk to the park by the library. It's a short walk and we've been there so many times. Rain or shine they take the kids out for some fresh air. It was fun. Claire really had fun playing with one of the other little girls. After playing for a bit we headed back to class to tell a story. It was a group story and it's made up as we go. They use the kids to get involved and to help make the story. After that they sing the good bye song and class is over. We got to see all the other kids getting ready for their classes. Kids interacting in the hallways and it was just a fun atmosphere to be in. I'm hoping we can get the girls signed up for the next term or possibly for the fall term next year. The thing I loved most about Little Villagers is that parents are required to be there every class. They really encourage parents to be hands on and the girls were so at ease with me being right there the whole time.

Here's Claire showing of her fairy garden. We will head to the dollar store to get a couple things to add to it for fun. We need a spray bottle so we can water the seeds too. 

She collected sticks and pine cones from the park to add to her garden.


Kellyn picked out all of her rocks and is adding her horse to her garden.


Here's a little video that shows more about Village Home. Being there this morning and seeing how excited the girls were just brings more peace to our decision for our family at this time. We don't know what the future holds but we will take it one day at a time and one year at a time!


No comments: