It's been a very mellow morning for us. The girls slept in a bit later then yesterday morning and the morning before. We are adjusting to the time change slowly. I always think I'll prep better and adjust their bedtime weeks before but I never do.
I've been cleaning up a bit here and there throughout the whole house. The guest room had toys everywhere so I kind of got that under control and made the bed in there. The girls like to tuck their toys in and jump around so it looks like a mess most of the time.
The girls colored for a while this morning at the table and we read some library books too. They played with their felt board boxes and I read a couple stories with the felt pieces to go along with it.
I've been prepping food for dinner tonight by cutting up celery, carrots, and an onion. I cooked and shredded some chicken. I'm going to make Chicken Pot Pie Soup. The girls helped me make bread. They each kneaded their own loaf and it's on it's second rising before I bake it. I thought the soup was a crock pot recipe but apparently it's not so that's why I'm prepping now so it's a quick fix later. My Dad, Danny, and Milan are coming over to hang out this evening! Here is the link to the soup recipe:
I'm not making the biscuits though since I'm making fresh bread. The bread is an easier recipe because I have it memorized and the girls can be hands on with helping.
Claire helped make peanut butter and fluff sandwiches aka Fluffernutters. Mmm so yummy. She spread the peanut butter on a did a great job. I'm ready for my second cup of coffee and some down time with Claire while Kellyn naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment