Sunday, January 18, 2015

New Year, New Adventures

Life has been busy and blogging has been put on the back burner again. We celebrated my 28th birthday, Christmas, and the New Year! The anxiety of our move has lessened as we've checked things off of our list. The moving company is scheduled, tow hitch has been ordered for the Xterra, the trailer company has been booked to ship Chris's car, and most importantly a rental house has been found! The excitement is very much there and the sadness comes in waves. Our moving date continues to move up and the big day will be happening after Valentine's Day weekend. It will be a 6 day driving adventure! Here is our new house:
 
 
The girls are very excited to live in a house with stairs. The houses are spaced out quite a bit in the neighborhood and there is also a neighborhood swimming pool and tennis courts. Who knows, maybe we will learn to play tennis this summer.
 
I've been a busy bee and I've been connecting with homeschooling groups on facebook and meetup. I am happy that the homeschooling community is really large in the area we are moving to. I've chatted with so many nice ladies so far. I've been checking into barns for Claire. She told me she still wants to have riding lessons.  I was actually referred to one this morning and it happens to be only 15 minutes from the house! I'll still continue to check out a few other barns for comparisons. I've been added to a nature journaling group for homeschoolers. It looks like they meet up once or twice a month to learn about something new in nature. In March they are setting up dates to learn about mushrooms and worms. We haven't even gotten there and we have some fun play dates to look forward to.
 
My Mom will be visiting in 2 weeks!! The weeks will move slowly until she gets here and flash before my eyes and she'll be flying back home. I'm looking forward to her being here and the girls are too.
 
The girls have been dealing with fevers. First it was Kellyn. She was so hot and sleepy without an appetite for two days but she seems to be doing better now. I'm also wondering if she's having growing pains or something also because she's been unusually tired. She has been putting herself down for naps after being on a week long nap strike. Yesterday Claire seemed to have a fever and she still feels a bit warm today but not terribly hot. They sound congested and it must just be a cold bug coming through. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into anything more then that.
 
Lots of things going on and lots of things to get done still. We are taking it one day at a time and enjoying each day as much as we can.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments: