Wednesday, October 28, 2009

20 weeks.....Half way there!!

Today is the 20 week mark (halfway point) for our little bean! I cannot believe how fast it all has gone by and we only have 20 weeks left until we can meet our newest little Wold. Chris and I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. We were hoping that she would confirm it 100% sure this time that we are still having a boy but the doctor couldn't get a good view of in between the baby's legs. There were a couple of times when she paused the ultrasound screen to see and when she did she said that she couldn't see anything between the legs. She said that by looking at the baby today she would guess it's a girl but since the baby was on it's back, it could still be a boy and we could just not see his parts. Haha. Another time when she paused the screen, you could see something small in between it's legs. She said that it could still very well be a boy but it could also be the girl's private parts and they are just swollen from all of the hormones that are in our bodies right now. Well with that being said, we don't know if it's a baby Collin or a baby Claire/Clare (not sure how we want to spell it). Our doctor says that we will look again next time in a month. Our next appointment will be right before Thanksgiving Day.

I think it's kind of fun not knowing what we are having. I know Chris still wants to find out and a part of me still does too but at the same time I kind of like having a surprise like this for now. I bet in 4 weeks I will want to know when we are there. The rest of our appointment went well, she measured baby Wold's head, belly, and leg bones and she says he or she is growing perfectly. We got to listen to the heart beat for a little bit. We could only hear it for a few seconds on my left side and then the baby moved so fast it took her a minute to find it again on the right side. He/she was moving around really quickly. I still can't feel our little bean moving around yet....at least not that I know of. I'm not worried about it though and the nurse told me I may not feel something for another 2 to 3 weeks. I got the swine flu vaccine also yesterday morning and it grossed Chris out because he watched the nurse put the needle in my arm. Haha. I love him so much for coming with me to all of our appointments! He's going to be a great Daddy!

I have a few more pictures to post up today....
19 weeks

20 weeks20 weeks



No comments: