Saturday, June 20, 2009

Emmett Cherry Festival

Chris and I were at the Emmett Cherry Festival on Friday night. I had to work until 2 and then we headed out there so Chris could work at the Cricket booth. It was all nice a warm out while I was at work and then we got out there and it started to rain.
Matt and Chris were having fun working and eating gigantic foot long corn dogs! They were pretty good and Chris just laughed at me as the girl that made them handed them to me. There was a carnival and parade. I wanted to ride the tornado but Chris was too chicken to do it. Ha ha.
There were a bunch of people singing and playing music. Some of it was kind of annoying and some of it was pretty good. There were some guys in kilts playing bagpipes...it was fun to listen to at first but after 30 minutes of it....yeah that's all I'm going to say. I saw an older couple walking by the booth and the wife was wearing a pink checkered square dancing outfit and her husband was wearing a pink shirt and his cowboy pants/boots; I thought they were too cute and I told Chris that's what we would be doing when we get that old. Ha ha. He looked at me like I was crazy but deep down he knows it's the truth. Do-si-do.
Even though I had to be at work by 6 the next morning it was definitely well worth staying up late. Chris, Matt, and I had a pretty fun time hanging out while they were working. I love my hubby!!


No comments: