Tuesday night I started to not feel very well. I kind of felt as if my body was achy and I was possibly getting another cold. I've already had 3 or 4 during my pregnancy and I was pretty upset that I would be getting sick again. I was lying in bed and started crying, telling Chris that I just didn't feel good. He always tries to reassure me that we only have a few more weeks until our sweet baby Claire will be here and I won't be uncomfortable anymore.
We both fell asleep around midnight. I was freezing cold even though I was in thick fuzzy socks, my fleece pj pants, and a long sleeved shirt. I kept waking up off and on for a few hours and I could feel my heart racing and the blood was pounding in my ears. I got out of bed and I was so hot!! I went to the living room and checked my blood pressure and it was normal. I took my temperature though and it was 101*. I felt a little scared because I know it's not good to have a fever when you're pregnant. I woke up Chris around 3am and told him that I needed to go to the hospital. My body felt so tired and I was having a hard time catching my breath. I called my doctor and she said yes to go into Labor and Delivery and have them monitor me and the baby.
We got to the hospital a little before 4am. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for hours that morning and that was really nice to hear. They also had to give me some pills to help relax my uterus because I was having braxton hicks contractions every 2 to 3 minutes and they wanted that to stop. She was doing great but my heart just kept racing. I was scared when they came in with the IV bag. I've never had an IV before and yes....it did hurt a little more than a regular shot. :( They said I was a little dehydrated. Of course being at the hospital means they have to take blood for a bunch of tests and that wasn't very fun. The nurse tried my right arm and couldn't get much out so she kept digging around. Ahhh!! I told her my other arm is much better....and it was. Haha. They decided to keep me all day and night since my heart was racing and my fever was still 100*. Of course I cried because the hospital bed was not very comfortable and a simple task of walking to the bathroom took a lot of time because I was hooked up to the IV. I had to call the nurse to come in a help unplug the machine so I could walk across the room.
Chris left for a little while and my Mom came to stay with me until he came back. We just watched some TV and relaxed. I was taken to the radiology unit and they took a bunch of pictures of baby Claire just to check measurements of her head, bones, and fluid levels. Everything looked great. She is head down and weighs a little over 4 pounds. No wonder I've been feeling more pressure in my hips. Haha, the stinker is all set and ready to go. I was happy to see her moving around so much. They decided that she didn't need to be monitored for the rest of the day until the next morning before I left.
I felt so tired all day that I couldn't even sleep. I was so exhausted. Mom left for a little while so I could sleep. It was amazing how much better I felt after 45 minutes of sleep! The doctor thinks that I had some form of the flu and I was having a harder time fighting it off. My braxton hicks contractions slowed down a lot and we were all happy about that. Sarah and Katy came to visit and brought me some flowers and fruit snacks!! I was so happy to see them. Chris came back to bring me some things from home. Around 10pm they gave me some more medicine and a sleeping pill and all I have to say is Ambien is amazing. I felt so good in the morning, I was definitely ready to go home. My fever finally broke and my heart rate went down to a normal level. They finally discharged me at 10am on Thursday morning. It was such a relief to have my IV taken out of my hand. :)
Hopefully now we won't have to go back until baby Claire arrives!! I am so happy to have a loving hubby and Mom to take care of me while I was at the hospital and now that I'm back home! He is the greatest!
We both fell asleep around midnight. I was freezing cold even though I was in thick fuzzy socks, my fleece pj pants, and a long sleeved shirt. I kept waking up off and on for a few hours and I could feel my heart racing and the blood was pounding in my ears. I got out of bed and I was so hot!! I went to the living room and checked my blood pressure and it was normal. I took my temperature though and it was 101*. I felt a little scared because I know it's not good to have a fever when you're pregnant. I woke up Chris around 3am and told him that I needed to go to the hospital. My body felt so tired and I was having a hard time catching my breath. I called my doctor and she said yes to go into Labor and Delivery and have them monitor me and the baby.
We got to the hospital a little before 4am. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for hours that morning and that was really nice to hear. They also had to give me some pills to help relax my uterus because I was having braxton hicks contractions every 2 to 3 minutes and they wanted that to stop. She was doing great but my heart just kept racing. I was scared when they came in with the IV bag. I've never had an IV before and yes....it did hurt a little more than a regular shot. :( They said I was a little dehydrated. Of course being at the hospital means they have to take blood for a bunch of tests and that wasn't very fun. The nurse tried my right arm and couldn't get much out so she kept digging around. Ahhh!! I told her my other arm is much better....and it was. Haha. They decided to keep me all day and night since my heart was racing and my fever was still 100*. Of course I cried because the hospital bed was not very comfortable and a simple task of walking to the bathroom took a lot of time because I was hooked up to the IV. I had to call the nurse to come in a help unplug the machine so I could walk across the room.
Chris left for a little while and my Mom came to stay with me until he came back. We just watched some TV and relaxed. I was taken to the radiology unit and they took a bunch of pictures of baby Claire just to check measurements of her head, bones, and fluid levels. Everything looked great. She is head down and weighs a little over 4 pounds. No wonder I've been feeling more pressure in my hips. Haha, the stinker is all set and ready to go. I was happy to see her moving around so much. They decided that she didn't need to be monitored for the rest of the day until the next morning before I left.
I felt so tired all day that I couldn't even sleep. I was so exhausted. Mom left for a little while so I could sleep. It was amazing how much better I felt after 45 minutes of sleep! The doctor thinks that I had some form of the flu and I was having a harder time fighting it off. My braxton hicks contractions slowed down a lot and we were all happy about that. Sarah and Katy came to visit and brought me some flowers and fruit snacks!! I was so happy to see them. Chris came back to bring me some things from home. Around 10pm they gave me some more medicine and a sleeping pill and all I have to say is Ambien is amazing. I felt so good in the morning, I was definitely ready to go home. My fever finally broke and my heart rate went down to a normal level. They finally discharged me at 10am on Thursday morning. It was such a relief to have my IV taken out of my hand. :)
Hopefully now we won't have to go back until baby Claire arrives!! I am so happy to have a loving hubby and Mom to take care of me while I was at the hospital and now that I'm back home! He is the greatest!
No comments:
Post a Comment