It's been way too long since I made a post! I just want to write that our sweet baby Claire is 10 weeks and 1 day old today! She is the light in our lives and I just love her so so much. She is cooing, smiling, and learning how to laugh. She is starting to speak up a little more. She has always had a softer voice and she is now starting to learn how to be loud! I love it!
The morning of March 23, 2010 I was going to be induced. I was 6 days over my due date and so ready to meet our baby girl. Funny enough at 1:00am on the 23rd I went into labor myself and go to experience contractions. My water didn't break on it's own but that's ok. I was experiencing some intense contractions and didn't want to wait until 7am when we were supposed to go in to the hospital. I figured they wouldn't send me home on our induction date and the pain had me on all fours on the ground. Once we were at the hospital, we got all set up and I decided to see how long I could last without an epidural. I got into the jacuzzi tub and that seemed to help but the pressure on my lower back was so painful! I am so happy for the epidural I received at about 5am. Haha, I didn't last that long but hey, at least I experienced contractions and that's what I really wanted! Over the next few hours up until about noon, I was slowly dilating and Claire's heartbeat had dropped 3 seperate times. My doctor didn't want to wait for it to happen again and I was at 7cm. I was taken to the OR for a C-section. They tried to put the stupid oxygen mask on me and it smelled so strongly of plastic that it made me nauseas!! The guy in the operating room said he gave me as much anti-nausea medicine he could....god bless him, I was happy for that!! I told him I couldn't take the smell of the mask though, I was getting the worst headache from it! He finally let me keep it off. They kept telling me that the NICU team would grab Chris on the way in (the baby had pooped inside so the NICU had to come suction her out)....well I asked when they were going to start because it seemed to take a long time and the guy told me, "Oh, they already made the incision." I asked again, "so when is Chris going to get here?" Finally he was there with me and I was so tired and so out of it! I was being jerked around on the table as they were pulling her out, but I couldn't feel anything of course. The only reason I know this is because Chris asked, "Don't you feel that?" Again, I was so out of it, I wasn't even paying attention. I was just waiting to hear her cry. We finally heard it and the nurse came to take Chris to see her. She was a healthy baby girl. 7lbs 8oz 18 inches long! One of the happiest days in our lives!
Becoming a Mommy has been the greatest and also most challenging thing in my life. When Claire was first born and we first got home it was pretty tough. Breast feeding was a lot more difficult than anyone can prepare you for. She was latching on just fine but it still hurt so badly. After her first week of life my poor breasts were just in so much pain from being raw and we came to find out that my supply wasn't enough for her. She was dehydrated and wasn't back up to her birth weight. We started to supplement and I started pumping because she was constantly wanting to eat. My poor nipples were so raw and they started to crack and bled once. Ugh, it's painful just thinking back on it now. We had to switch to sensitive formula and once we did that she did great with that but spit up almost all of her breastmilk bottles so we switched completely to sensitive formula. She is such a happy, healthy baby. At her 2 month check up she weighed 11lbs 9oz and was 24 inches tall!! I cannot believe she grew 6 inches. She is amazing. She looks around so much just taking the world in. I love taking her on walks and snuggling with her! I feel so lucky to be able to stay at home with her!!
This summer is going to be so busy for us!! Chris' cousins Matt, Calli, and Jake are all getting married. His cousins Drew and Patty are graduating from school. His brother is going to graduate from Air Force boot camp in July and my brother is graduating from college on our one year wedding anniversary.
We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary on June 13th and I'm pretty excited about that. I'm not sure what we will do....maybe take Claire to the zoo for the day and then go out to dinner together while one of the Grandma's babysits!
I celebrated my first Mother's Day in May and that was a great day. Chris is celebrating his first Father's Day this month and I'm looking forward to that! Crazy, crazy, crazy summer for the Wold family!
Well, it's time for a morning bottle for Claire bear so I'm off to do that. I will keep updating more often so they don't end up being this long!!
No comments:
Post a Comment